-
September 27th, 2001, 06:56 PM
#1
Ronson
Guest
So. I just got my film back from that place in Burbank, and many of the shots have more than a little shake to 'em.
Since Irv Higdon just serviced my Beaulieu 5008, I'm not immediately thinking the problem is in camera.
I'm presently wondering if I should shoot my DP, his tripod, the transfer house, or myself for not testing all of the above before shooting the short project.
Also, I noticed in an old post a bit about the dreaded "fix it in post" solution. As an editor, I shudder when I hear this phrase, but it may be necessary, if indeed it is an option at all. Any postpro software solutions out there for this sort of thing?
(I seem to recall someone posting that After Effects would do the trick...)
I'll be editing this project with Final Cut Pro -- as opposed to using Avid software -- if that helps any.
Many thanks to any possible solution providers,
Ronson
------------------
-
September 28th, 2001, 11:31 AM
#2
mattias
Guest
if the camera is locked down, the image stabilizer in fcp will do a great job. if the shaking is due to bad registration in the camera or the transfer, it will perform even better since all shakes will consist of random but even displacements of the frame.
i guess you could keyframe it through pans and tilts too, but don't expect to be able to correct it if the camera is moving, handheld, dollied or whatever.
/matt
-
September 28th, 2001, 01:53 PM
#3
Ronson
Guest
Thanks mattias, I appreciate the post.
And yes, it's the lockdown shots that are hopping... I'll give it a shot in FCP during my lunch hour today!
Ronson
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks